Criminal Trials, Hearings In a Prob cause Hearing ,can the cops charecter be attacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

styles

I ask this because I overheard the officers talking about how they start shaking if they dont drink 4 hours into their shift.

It wouldn't do much good in a PC hearing. The standard is so low that you rarely get into credibility and impeachment, especially of a cop.

yeah but...

IM specificly refering to my county and the following.
Nassau Ny

Where you get no discovery on a felony until you get indicted.

Here they indict you by grand jury with little to no evidence.(I think you think Im refering to this "preliminary hearing". ?yes?no

Its a hearing Im refering to. Or motion? Is going to come after the indictment.
Its to prove no probable cause to stop/search me.

There is no charecter attacking here?

This is my whole defense trial to try and supress ,if I fail ,I bail and plea,so its verrrrry important I throw everything I can at it. 1 shot!!

You can try that strategy, but it won't work.

It never works.

Attacking the probable cause for a search is a sound tactic.

You defeat the search, you stop the fruits of that search from coming in at trial.

The police aren't under indictment, you are.

Attack the case, attack the law, attack the indictment, anything else is futile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You never have discovery until you have an indictment. You don't sound like you are listening. The probable cause hearing is not the place to impeach the cops. It is possible to beat a charge there but HIGHLY unlikely. If the police think they saw you commit a crime, there is probable cause. This is not the place to "make your last stand" that's silly. You need to stop running your case and get a lawyer to run it. Plea deals get better and better as you get closer to trial. You need to calm down, get a lawyer, and let them formulate your strategy. Right now you are reacting to your own fear instead of looking at your options.

It's your life, you do what you want. Army and I are just the attorneys what do we know.....

I wasnt aware of that.In suffolk NY I was always able to get discovery
before indictment. But then again,it was while I was incarcerated,maybe thats the difference?

I was only wondering because I was told the cops will most likely lie and say they were invited to a search and they will say they seen contraband in plain sight.
Im not trying to impeach the cops,LOL
Yes,I know all that remains to be seen once discovery is obtained.

Reacting to my fear (yes)in a controlled inquisitive manner.My experience w/attorneys .AND PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS PERSONALLY,They dont divulge
all the little loopholes procedures and laws to you.But at the same time,they will try their hardest to get you what THEY feel/think is fair in your specific situation,and it usually it is. :D

You never have discovery until you have an indictment. You don't sound like you are listening. The probable cause hearing is not the place to impeach the cops.

And if this boils down to your word against the cop's word, it goes to credibility - and with your criminal history it's likely the cop will be believed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back