Impotent HOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbratton1

I live in a small subdivision (24 homes) with an HOA. The majority of homes are investor owned and the participation at HOA meetings is usually 2 or 3 people(including board members). I was on the board at one time until I realized that few of the owners were interested in the HOA and the CC&Rs were selectively applied.

The CC&Rs allow for semi-monthly violation(landscaping, parking & repairs) reporting, which can be made to the mgt. company and to be forwarded to the HOA president for confirmation. The president's confirmation results in the initiation or continuance of the warning/fine process.

I have submitted reports in writing, every two weeks, since June and have received no response. The president has denied receipt of anything from the mgt. company and indicated that no violations processes have been initiated since last year.

I want out of the HOA or it's dissolution. There is little member participation, no accountability, haphazard application of the CC&Rs and our dues largely are spent on mgt. company fees. Is it possible to extricate myself for my contractual obligation?

The subdivision is only 3 years old and I don't intend on living here for more than a couple more years.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back