Implied contract or agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyrhett

State of Kentucky
I had a stroke and was taken to a hospital in Indiana where I spent 5 days in that hospital. I informed them at the time I had no hospital insurance, yet they still admitted me. I signed no paperwork for admittance, nor discharge. I have received a bill for $26,000. I told the I could not afford to pay them that kind of money. I have asked them for financial assistance, and they rejected my application. I told them I would pay them what I could afford when I could afford it because I am on limited income. I sent them some money and asked them to apply it to my balance. They accepted the money and applied it. It was a minimal amount but it was what I could afford. I planned on sending money each month as I had it. They now have sent a letter saying they want $7000 per month until paid. My question is: beings they accepted my original payment without question, and applied it to my balance, does this not constitute some kind of implied contract?

Q: My question is: beings they accepted my original payment without question, and applied it to my balance, does this not constitute some kind of implied contract?

A: Not even close.

The fnancial assistance office gave no reason for denial, and they are non responsive to reducing the charges. What happen for the need of a signature as I mentioned in my original post? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back