Immoral Situations???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweetygal76

I live in VA. I have 3 children from a previous marriage...twins 10 and one 6 years of age. I am currently living with my partner, we are both females. My partner was in my children's lives for years before my husband and I split up. She was good to them, they thought a great deal of her. She is good with children. But now the judge has set an order to where the kids are NOT allowed to be in the presence of my partner, because it is an immoral situation. Why is this? Is it rght?

Tweetygirl....girl

Tweety Girl.......This is a hard question for you to ask. Morally what you are doing is wrong. I believe that with my whole heart. A sin, without a doubt. But I feel noone has the right to judge you but God. As long as your children aren't being physically, mentally or sexually abused then I think the judge was harsh. Of course I have no legal knowledge. I beleive in loving the sinner and hating the sin. Besides if someone is a true Christian then they know no sin is worse than another. So if I steal a cookie from my neighbor, in God's eyes we are equal sinners. This example is one reason I wish things were left in the closet. So the ignorant people can't open their big mouths. Years ago women lived together all the time and it was quite proper. No one said a word. Gentlemen shared apartments and that was proper too. I hope things work out for you.

I was married to an abusive alcoholic who lied about EVERYTHING. If you have found a loving and healthy relationship then good for you. I believe that sometimes the interpretation of our constitution is hypocritical when it comes marriages. They want to separate church and state and at the same time recognize marriages which are in themselves a "holy institution." Marriages were created by the bible, and are supported by the constitution, identified and categorized by our government when filing taxes, and are definitely not a good example of how to separate Religion and the constitution. How can a religious ceremony be censored, dictated, "identified," and defined by the constitution? If the government is getting involved in what makes a marriage, shouldn't they enact a lemon law for bad husbands and wives? This would save us all a lot of paperwork and money..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back