International Issue Immigration Bond Refund from Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmm

Subject:: Getting Immigration Bond Money Refund

Details of my case.

I am a Canadian citizen living and working in Toronto , Canada . Ten years ago,when I was in New york,my ex wife gave me very hard time again and again and made it impossible for me to stay and live in USA.As a result I migrated to Canada (in March-2000) where I am living now.
In Newyork, my American ex wife sponsored me from overseas but marriage was divorced within two years in Newyork.in 1993.My Green Card was was terminated when she called Immigration Department (INS) to terminate my Green Card and deport me.
In 1998 my ex-wife in New York called USA immigration police about my address. I was arrested and put into an immigration jail in New Jersey . I contacted some a lawyer Mr. Zafar Siddiqi, Newyork, and paid ten thousands dollars for Bond for bail. I appeared in New Jersey INS court to defend with an other lawyer.Mr. Ronald Gill,Newyork. The case was in progress at US Immigration court of Justice in court of Judge Mr. Alberto J. Reifkohl, at 970 Broad Street, Newark , NJ 07102-2525 , United States . I also decided to immigrate to Canada ,because all allegations made by my ex-wife were totally false and she threatened me to put more such allegation again and again. I got Canadian immigration and moved to Canada before expiration.I did not go back to USA.My Alien card was cancelled. Last month,I called my last lawyer( in 1998 in Newyork,USA) to get me back my Immigration bond money back.He said he is buissy and cannot help me but sent me a photocopy from U.S. Treasury Department dated 08-28-02 saying void after one year.Bond with interest is 1104 dollars. Now I want my bail money back.Kindly let me know ,how can I get that money back.I cannot visit USA ,due to expected ten years bar on me to visit USA . I am a Canadian citizen and donot want to live or visite USA . I have expired Alied card and SSN NUMBER and copy of treasury bond,with me.Currently my case file was with, Mr. R.G. Esq. ,He might have the copy of decision.
I did not get any copy of decision of judge and nor I contacted ICE(Immigration and Customs Enforcement Department) about my permanat departure from USA to Canada . Can I get Bond Refund after a long time.
Sir, I need your help.Kindly let me know what is your fee to solve my case.

Nazar Hussain Malik

A very long time has passed. I'm not sure who to speak to. It could take a lot of work to get that $1,000 almost ten years later. If it's void after one year that might be a problem. Why not contact the court or Treasury and see if you can find appropriate information online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back