(IME) Failure. Looking for a good Attorney...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAETC

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hello All!

I currently have an issue with a doctor who performed an (IME) independent medical exam on myself. The great doctor started out with a course of questions asking my medical history, followed with his actual exam. The problem is his written report conducted of the IME, doesn't match up to the exam he actually conducted. (Total facetime with doctor and the time I left the exam room, was approximately 7 minutes).

Furthermore, this exam was recorded the whole time by my girlfriend in the room. Which you can clearly distinct which "tests" the doctor is performing and which tests he contradicts and states that I supposedly failed in his report. In the beginning of his report, the doctor clearly stated that my girlfriend was recording the entire exam. Verbatim.

In conclusion of this bogus report, the insurance carrier covering my compensation stopped paying me. Resulting in a huge loss of wages. The problem is now trying to locate an attorney to take on this case as it seems impossible to find in Illinois? I've called several medical malpractice attorneys and they aren't interested no cover this type of work. Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Mike

Not really sure what your question is (or if you even have a question), but there's a "find a lawyer" link at the bottom of the page.

I guess my question is, where would this fall under (jurisdiction) for attorney specialties? Every medical malpractice I contact wont handle this type of case.

the insurance carrier covering my compensation stopped paying me.

Workers Compensation?

This is not a medical malpractice issue, it's a WC issue and you need a WC attorney.

There is no such thing as an Independent Medical Examination. Those doctors get paid by the insurance companies.

Get a WC attorney ASAP.

It's not the doctor you have to go after.

It's not state workers comp. This is a federal case. Defense Base Act (DBA). I was injured overseas working for DoS.

I already have a DBA attorney working on my case and it has been to trial recently in Chicago.

I already have a DBA attorney working on my case, but he doesn't deal with the fraud side of the house with their IME doctors.

It's not state workers comp. This is a federal case. Defense Base Act (DBA). I was injured overseas working for DoS.

I already have a DBA attorney working on my case and it has been to trial recently in Chicago.

I already have a DBA attorney working on my case, but he doesn't deal with the fraud side of the house with their IME doctors.

Attorneys can choose who they represent.

However, MOST attorneys are money, hungry pigs.

How do I know, I am an attorney.

You often fail to hire an attorney if you seek to do so on a contingency basis.

If you offer the attorney a retainer fee, you'll soon find one to represent you.

If you have an attorney, ask him/her for recommendations or referrals.

I'm almost tempted to file a lawsuit pro-se. I have hard evidence of fraud. I just need to figure out the proper paperwork for this. I'm assuming I file in the same county I attended the exam or can I do this in my own county court? Thanks for any info...

This is not an attorney referral service and reputable attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients. If you are not having any luck with the Find A Lawyer feature, pick up the phone and call your state Bar Association, your local Legal Aide, and/or any law schools in your area for referrals.

No, but he should be dealing with the insurance company's decision that was based on the doctor's report.

As I said earlier, it's not the doctor that you go after and you'll be wasting your time and your money if you do so.

I have hard evidence of fraud

People frequently come here and say fraud like it's some sort of magic incantation that automatically brings divine punishment down on the perpetrator. An allegation of fraud requires proof of intent to defraud, nearly impossible with a 7 minute medical exam. A lot of folks also mistakenly think anything sneaky, deceptive, or nefarious constitutes "fraud."

I think you would be better served by having your attorney address your medical condition with the insurance company and going back to court over that to rebut the doctors findings.

Keep in mind that doctor's have lawyers and you'll be steamrolled if you go it alone.

People frequently come here and say fraud like it's some sort of magic incantation that automatically brings divine punishment down on the perpetrator. An allegation of fraud requires proof of intent to defraud, nearly impossible with a 7 minute medical exam. A lot of folks also mistakenly think anything sneaky, deceptive, or nefarious constitutes "fraud."

I agree, as if it matters, nevertheless; I agree with you!

People often ask me a question about a legal matter.

They get agitated when I can't answer with a YES or NO.

The law is quite complicated by design, because King Solomon decided the quarrel over the baby with a simple test.

During the latter part of the 19th century as our ancestors trekked towards the Pacific Ocean, things were very simple.

If Bad Bart was the fastest gun in town, if you stepped on Bad Bart's boots, you quickly begged his pardon.

Life isn't difficult by design, but once man gets creative, life became a nightmare.

Life's not that simple today, by human design and intervention.

The law is quite complicated by design,

Here's why:

There was a time, long ago, when there were only 10 things that thou shalt not do.

That was fine for a few thousand years until a fellow named Hammurabi decided that 10 things weren't enough and came up with 282 laws that he codified based on decisions that he had made during his 42 year rule of Babylonia.

The intent was that everybody would know what their rights and obligations were.

Many of our modern laws have evolved from that body of law but, sad to say, some of Hammurabi's laws have not stood the test of time, but should have.

Examples:

A man caught committing robbery was put to death.

A man whose negligence caused damage to another was sold into slavery and the money from the sale was given to the damaged party in compensation.

A person who committed fraud was made to pay ten times the loss to his victim.

One that I especially like is that a judge who reaches an incorrect decision gets fined and permanently removed from his position.

Time marched on and it became common for the rulers of the lands to make the laws that would insure their continued sovereignty. This was accomplished by writing the laws in arcane language understood only by the writers. This, of course, necessitated being able to teach the laws to their successors and resulted in the development of law schools where the practitioners were taught to dance around the fire and chant the arcane language of the law.

To keep the understanding of the law to a select few the teachers of the law charged a very high entry fee which the practitioners subsequently had to recover by charging high fees to their clients who had no choice but to pay or be bereft of legal representation.

That explains the complexity and cost of today's modern legal system.

That explains the complexity and cost of today's modern legal system.

Substitute proper nouns and names with pronouns and other descriptors and explained why life today sucks if you have or have not.

The law isn't the only profession responsible for the crap that occurs in society today.

I learned many decades ago to eschew MOST people and limit my personal contacts with homo sapiens.

Homo erectus (as well as many other primates) failed to learn that lesson, or perhaps they learned it and never applied it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back