imaginary HOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadie

What do you do when a neighbor insists there is a HOA and there is not. The neighbor insisting is also the neighbor I have posted ATV/dirtbike issues about. There is no association fee ever paid, no one has ever made reference to an association (with the exception of the mentioned one). They have sent neighborhood wide letters out about "unacceptable issues" and properties located in our rural neighborhood. I contacted county offices and they show no HOA anywhere. Now I know what this reads like....all signs point to nothing in print, no HOA fees agreement of any kind....no HOA. Right? So I can tell anyone who brings it up to me that I am not part of any HOA and do not need to "conform" to their imaginary association. Right? At this point a few select neighbors feel we do have one...they are in my opinion foolish. I think it boils down to people with too much time on their hands and noses where they do not belong. Anyone else have a situation similar? Only rules I follow are county ordinances and things like that. Apparrently rumor has it that if I do not abide by the "HOA" rules there will be hell to pay....I guess thats where the ATV/dirtbikes come in... :confused: .

a "Homeowners Association" is just that: an association. So if there would be one, you would have to be able to find: a board, members, regular meetings, bylaws, financial reports, minutes etc etc.

You cannot just invent a phantom HOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back