Images copyright for websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

pccperson

Hello,

I have a Home improvement blog and let's say I have a blog post about "10 Must-See Home Improvement Design"

I collect images from the Internet and put them all on my website. I also put a text or a link to where I get the images from.

For ex, Image 1, I put "Houzz" as the source
or image 2 "HomeAdvisor"

Is it ok to use images from other websites and put them on my blog?

Thank you

Is it ok to use images from other websites and put them on my blog?

Let's PRETEND I said YES, and you get sued, okay?

If you're really concerned, I suggest you retain an attorney and ask her/him to create a "lawyer letter" answering your question(s).

If you are sued, you can use the "lawyer letter" as a portion of your defense.

On the other hand, you won't be allowed to use the answer some internet STRANGER gave you.

The answer is maybe. Whether this is infringing or "stealing" depends on the specific context. What you're describing may, in fact, not be infringement.

This is a rampant practice. Before discussing copyright law, let's think through this as to whether or not simply giving credit to the source which you copied/downloaded an image appears to be sufficient.

I work very hard to get my blog post seen and a terrific picture online to attract sers and generate advertising revenue on my site. You take my photo and one from 4 other websites. You get the click and page view and advertising credit and users don't need to go to my website. You obtain the advertising revenue. I don't. All I have from you is a "thank you" for my photo which was 20% of the reason why you earned advertising dollars and I received $0. I'll pass on the thank you and take the 20%. Your thoughts on how this works, irrespective of actual copyright law (emphasis on right.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back