Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct I'm small business owner, and I'm being harassed by a unhappy customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanLee1215

I don't know what I can do or if there is any I can do to protect myself.

I'm a small business owner of a one hour photo. I had this one verbally abusive customer who didn't like the way his prints came out ( the cost of only 7) and because he was such a disturbance and upsetting my other customers I asked him to leave and get his prints elsewhere. Since then, he has come back into the store threatening me to sue if I didn't pay him $160. And he's tried to sue me for $160 which the judge said was ridiculous and said if anything I would be responsible for only the film cost. And I was more than happy to pay it I told the judge including the cost of the film roll itself.

But since the initial incident, he has called the city out to check my sellers permit & business license. He has called the BOE to check my taxes, and I wouldn't be surprised if he called the IRS on me. I am a legitimate business, I pay my taxes, but I feel like I'm being harassed.

Is there anything I can do to get him to stop?

Last edited:
I don't know what I can do or if there is any I can do to protect myself.

I'm a small business owner of a one hour photo. I had this one verbally abusive customer who didn't like the way his prints came out ( the cost of only 7) and because he was such a disturbance and upsetting my other customers I asked him to leave and get his prints elsewhere. Since then, he has come back into the store threatening me to sue if I didn't pay him $160. And he's tried to sue me for $160 which the judge said was ridiculous and said if anything I would be responsible for only the film cost. And I was more than happy to pay it I told the judge including the cost of the film roll itself.

But since the initial incident, he has called the city out to check my sellers permit & business license. He has called the BOE to check my taxes, and I wouldn't be surprised if he called the IRS on me. I am a legitimate business, I pay my taxes, but I feel like I'm being harassed.

Is there anything I can do to get him to stop?

You're doing all that is required, running a legitimate business.

Just keep your licenses and permits up to date, and ignore the clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back