Im competely losted with what to do!!! Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsanders36

purcahsed a condo back in oct 2005. builder said it would be done by fed 2006. im still waiting. they finally told me everything was done and i could move in so i closed right before thanksgiving. i go to move in and they didnt give me a key. i called and they informed me all the inspections hadnt passed. i called the title company the next morning (closed late at night) and told them not to fund it because of what happened. they have a great relationship with builder. lady said she would call builder and call me right back. i ended up calling 3 times that day and she avoided me. finally left work early and went in and was told i had to take it up with builder. different attourneys said different things but all said to move in. inspector approved me moving things in but not living there. also told me they are about a month away from passing everything.

contract is worded completely in builders favor. i cant sue for attorneys fees but risk paying theirs. an disagreement they can cancel contract period rebuy it back. that is a worse case scenario for them. it even says if breach of contract exists from them, they can do this.

they undersold the place and i think they are trying to get me out. they have one of 8 left to sell and they are asking 335,000 and i paid 280,000. our city requires an occupancy permit before i can move in or i get arrested. i dont think i can have people come finish things in the unit (dont think i can do anything to it when they are still doing things). so im now paying a mortgage on a place and cannot live there. also have to pay rent.

what in the world can i do?? eventhough the contract is completed, it still says anything after that happens in a result to this then the contract is still binding. is the title company at fault?? are my loan people at fault?? this cannot be right?!? essentially what is keeping them from never finishing this place just so they can sell it more. they flat out lied to me that i could move in to get me to close but everything in the contract is worded in there favor. someone please tell me this isnt right!

Q: what in the world can i do?

A: Either hire a lawyer and fight it or follow the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back