I'm being sued and there was NO damage to his car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vosstronaut

I'm being sued and there was no damage to his car, and my car had VERY minimal damage. We were going maybe 3 miles per hour in stop and go traffic and I bumped him from behind.

He is an undercover cop and was SUPER nice, taking pictures of my car and his and trying to make it so I wouldn't make a police report. Luckily I did call the police and they filed a report. Turns out he was trying to set me up.

He didn't seek medical attention till 4 months after the incident and made zero claims to fix his car (because there was no damage). He tried to get my insurance company to pay him $25,000 and when they refused. He said he will not accept their offer of $3,000 SO is probably going to try and sue me.

Can I sue launch a counter-suit of any kind? This guys is a real sheister.

The representative basically said his suit is ridiculous as there was no damage to his vehicle and he made no health claims until 4 months after the fact. That's why they are only offering $3,000. At first they were only going to offer $1,000 but he refused that, so they went up to $3,000. And they will be representing me in the case that he does sue me personally.

I would like to file a counter-suit if possible. I just don't know if I have grounds for that ...

Last edited:
You don't seem to have anything to sue him for either. That would be just as ridiculous.
At best you could ask for reimbursement of your legal costs but you will have none since insurance is handling it.

Haha. True. Do you think he has a case at all? Is there anything else I can do to protect myself? I'm also in the middle of moving so I won't have an address (I haven't found another place yet so no place to forward my mail yet either!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back