1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

I'm a judgment creditor w/ debtor's bank account info...How to collect Garnishment

Discussion in 'Other Debt, Collection, Garnishment' started by ScrewedinWA, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScrewedinWA

ScrewedinWA Law Topic Starter New Member

I would prefer to attempt to collect w/o a lawyer. Won a judgment against my LL. He appealed and lost and it's been more than 30 days and no payment. We have his bank account info from a measly check he sent us before we took him to court that we never cashed. I believe we have to return to court to get a writ of execution to gain access to this bank account, is this correct? After getting that, what are the specifics of getting the actual money? Do I go down to his bank...?

2. despritfreya

despritfreya Active Member

army judge likes this.
  3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

4. despritfreya

despritfreya Active Member

Thank you for asking. All is well and I trust the same for you. Not posting as much as before due to work but am viewing whenever I have an opportunity.

Des.

5. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Yes, I'm still among the breathing above ground. LOL
    Day by day, that's all one gets.

Take care, stop in anytime you can.