I’m a civilian who was arrested at PX on fort Riley militaty bass for shoplifting . Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave

Jurisdiction
Kansas
I was arrested at the fort Riley PX on April 23rd for shoplifting items from the PX. The loss prevention lady approached me when I was exiting the store after I purchased some candy. I than turned over the three clothes items I had in my purse . Also she said she had me on video of an incident the day before of my shoplifting two clothes items. I admitted to everything and cooperated . The MP were friendly , I was currently working at the exchange food court at the Qdoba . After being processed I was released and given a ticket and also told to expect a letter in regards to a court date . This is my first time offense , there is no reasoning for what I've done , just sheer stupidity . I am 20 years old and I've never got into any trouble with the law and I was proud of that. I am scared and I am trying to handle this without telling my mom or family due to my embarrassment , my boyfriend is in the military and I've disappointed him , the reasoning I gave as to why I did it was to impress my boyfriend honestly . I have no clue on how to handle this . Please help .

I was arrested at the fort Riley PX on April 23rd for shoplifting items from the PX. The loss prevention lady approached me when I was exiting the store after I purchased some candy. I than turned over the three clothes items I had in my purse . Also she said she had me on video of an incident the day before of my shoplifting two clothes items. I admitted to everything and cooperated . The MP were friendly , I was currently working at the exchange food court at the Qdoba . After being processed I was released and given a ticket and also told to expect a letter in regards to a court date . This is my first time offense , there is no reasoning for what I've done , just sheer stupidity . I am 20 years old and I've never got into any trouble with the law and I was proud of that. I am scared and I am trying to handle this without telling my mom or family due to my embarrassment , my boyfriend is in the military and I've disappointed him , the reasoning I gave as to why I did it was to impress my boyfriend honestly . I have no clue on how to handle this . Please help .
Any boyfriend that would be impressed by your thieving abilities is not a keeper. I would hope that your BF , as a member of USM, wasn't impressed and broke up with you because of this.

With that said...Stop posting your criminal behavior on the internet and hire an attorney. Only discuss this with your attorney. Not Mom and Dad or sister or boyfriend. Attorney only.

Any boyfriend that would be impressed by your thieving abilities is not a keeper. I would hope that your BF , as a member of USM, wasn't impressed and broke up with you because of this.

With that said...Stop posting your criminal behavior on the internet and hire an attorney. Only discuss this with your attorney. Not Mom and Dad or sister or boyfriend. Attorney only.

Bitch stfu if you not helping gtfo

(uneducated potty mouth stuff) if you not helping (more potty mouth and mom must be so proud of little Rave)
Being unable to communicate without utilizing foul language is a sign of stupidity. You would likely be more impressive if you went back to school and received a decent education.

Last edited:
Please follow our very simple rules, thank you, everyone!

Please help .

You have three issues that will/could impact you:

1) The citation you were given for the offense of shoplifting MUST be addressed. You must appear when and where directed on the face of the citation and plead guilty or not guilty.
Before that occurs, I suggest you speak with a couple lawyers about your options. If you can't do that by the court appearance, plead not guilty in court and ask the magistrate if you qualify for a public defender.

2) Your current employment might be impacted because of the charge. If that is (or becomes the case), you are innocent until proven guilty.

3) You will likely lose your PX privileges, so if you're a military dependent, you should immediately report all of this to your sponsor, who will find out anyway from her/his chain of command.

If you are convicted or plead guilty (without benefit of a deal with the Assistant US Attorney) the conviction could impact your future in many ways you have yet to discover. A theft conviction could negatively impact your ability to ever obtain a job in retail or in the banking sector forever!

A conviction could impact your chance to ever obtain a government sector job.

All of that to say there are many reasons you need an attorney, which is one more reason WHY you need to tell mother and father.

I was arrested on a military base I am a civilian dependent I don't want my sponsor to find out since they are my mom since I am 20 and an adult will they contact her due to my Px privileges being revoked ?

I was arrested on a military base I am a civilian dependent I don't want my sponsor to find out since they are my mom since I am 20 and an adult will they contact her due to my Px privileges being revoked ?

I answered your question above.

here is that answer from above:

3) You will likely lose your PX privileges, so if you're a military dependent, you should immediately report all of this to your sponsor, who will find out anyway from her/his chain of command.

Your sponsor will be notified, even if your sponsor is your adult spouse, or adult parent!

Your theft charges can also impact your sponsor's military career.

https://www.ftmeade.army.mil/policies/POLICY044.pdf

Shoplifters will lose Exchange privileges - StuttgartCitizen.com

BAFB Loss Prevention Team catch shoplifters on base > Barksdale Air Force Base > Article Display

https://www.mcrdpi.marines.mil/Port...TARY DEPENDENTS.PDF?ver=2018-03-30-093043-873

I understand that you do not want your sponsor to know.

Do you understand that it is not up to you and that your sponsor will be told whether you want them to or not?

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. You MUST deal with the charged against you in court. I suggest you seek out lawyer to discuss your options. Be sure to ask about ACD or Diversion as plea option as this "can" keep a conviction off your record. I would further advice you remove names of places ect from your post. The "letter" you refer to is likely "Civil Demand" learn more below.

A recent writing of mine - Parent Nook Forums

Civil Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back