Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication I'm 18, can my 21 yr. old husband buy me a drink at the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsatterholt

I am 18 and my husband will turn 21 next month, we are planning on going out to the bar on his birthday. My question is can he buy me a drink and is it legal for me to drink if I am with him? We live in Ashland County if that helps.

You are 18 ... you cannot consume alcohol until you are 21. Period. In fact, unless this is a restaurant or underage club, you may not even be allowed inside the bar!

I am 18 and my husband will turn 21 next month, we are planning on going out to the bar on his birthday. My question is can he buy me a drink and is it legal for me to drink if I am with him? We live in Ashland County if that helps.

If you lived in Texas, yes.

If you visited Texas on his 21st birthday, yes.
Texas has carved out a few exceptions.
Your situation is one of them!

I don't know if Ohio has a similar law.
Why not ask your county prosecutor's office?

Last edited:
I have found some references to Ohio having a law similar to that in TX ... very odd, but it does seem to include spouses as well.

Yeah, I'm going to backtrack too. It appears that Ohio may have such an exception carved out. I'm not finding it consistantly, though, so I strongly advise that you confirm it BEFORE his birthday and verify that the exception is still in place and has not been repealed. Not all websites I checked refer to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back