illlinois legal guardianship sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayceemagic

This "thing" started around summer of 07. i took my 5yr to visit her ggrandma in chicago. since we had moved to vegas in 06 grandma hadn't seen her for a yr.so y not. summer passed and its now fall of ther year time for preschool. time for me to register my child. im at work one sunday and my mom calls and casually mentions that my 5yr old starts school the next day! im pissed how and y did this happen even though i already had plans in vegas for my child. so i said screw it. i felt id be a bad parent if i took her out of preschool so i said id wait until the school year ended to xfer her back out to vegas.

Months pass im missing my child talking on the phone her telling me about her days. im pregnant w my second child and she couldn't even be there for that process. so fast forward to earlier this year well christmas. i sent her a present then things started getting funny.....

i was loosing contact w her. by that i mean my mother started not answering her phone.. telling me my child is sleep even though id hear her in the background.one time i finally got to talk to her out of nowhere she says "my ne-ne(aka grandma) said i want to stay here w her. i was shocked but aggravated because this type of thing happened to me when i was a kid and not able to see my dad. so i reminded my mom that i was coming to get my daughter in july so she can move back w me and get registered in aug. mom was like ok. then all of a sudden on jun 4th of this year my mom decided she will get attitude w me and say she has legal guardianship of my daughter. i was furious! how could she do such a thing especially w out my consent or knowledge of a court date.

my moms explanation... she needed to get guardianship in order for my child to stay with her for the section 8 people. apparently section 8 says in order for my daughter to stay w her my mother had to have legal guardianship of her. despite her justification of this my thing is just call me and tell me to get my child. i wasted no time in getting back to chicago to figure things out. my mom told the courts that she had no clue where i was or how to get in contact w me even though she sent cards, accepted western union payments ect.on top of that all that back child support that my childs father owes he no longer owes now i owe that amount i was pissed.

i get to the court house because at least my mother is on this i would never take ur child from you or hurt thing. we are there filing necessary paperwork to get this reversed. i ask the clerk i wasnt properly notofied i never got a court date nothing about this case until my mom decided to tell me. the clerk casually looked into the computer and said she posted an ad in the news paper and that counts as notification. really? are u serious.

things die down for a bit other things come up which is another journal entry... i happen to look in my moms papers for mydaughters medical records for school and low and behold i see the papers ffrom when she got guardianship. its a piece of paper saying that i cant take care of my daughter therfore im lettting my mother take care of her and my name is signed. thing is i never wrote that letter and its in my moms handwriting. the same handwriting that filled out the paperwork. so now im more pissed!!

you mean to tell me that i can forge a letter, take it to the court house, fill out the paperwork, act like i dontknow where they are go 2 floors up and do a newspaper ad bring that back on the court date and i now have custody of somebodys kid w out them ever finding out.? who the heck reads the newspaper? especially the announcements page especially if they are in a whole other freaking state! not to mention the ad was posted in chicago newspapers and not las vegas ones where i was.i just want to get to this court date get this reversed and try not to loose my mind in the process.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back