Illegal storage in common areas

Mrideout288

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
Boston, Ma

With my tenant I have a 12 month lease, my tenant has decided to move all of his belongings from a storage unit into the basement. Now, he is bringing in more and more daily. He has access to the basement because the laundry is down there. He has a litter box hidden in his "things," with two tenants allergic to cats. He has agreed several times to move his belongings after written and verbal discussions to his garage that is rented also from me on a separate 12 month lease. He is now hoarding and spread to other common areas of the house. This is a beautiful home and he is destroying the cleanliness and clean living that the other tenants expect. Do I have any rights? I know we cannot just throw them to the curb but what can I do?

The eviction process in MA, usually just leads to non payment and legal bills. Thanks for any help :)

Boston, Ma

With my tenant I have a 12 month lease, my tenant has decided to move all of his belongings from a storage unit into the basement. Now, he is bringing in more and more daily. He has access to the basement because the laundry is down there. He has a litter box hidden in his "things," with two tenants allergic to cats. He has agreed several times to move his belongings after written and verbal discussions to his garage that is rented also from me on a separate 12 month lease. He is now hoarding and spread to other common areas of the house. This is a beautiful home and he is destroying the cleanliness and clean living that the other tenants expect. Do I have any rights? I know we cannot just throw them to the curb but what can I do?

The eviction process in MA, usually just leads to non payment and legal bills. Thanks for any help :)

You answered your question: "The eviction process in MA, usually just leads to non payment and legal bills."

You take a very great risk when you rent rooms to deadbeats.
People that would be good risks, rarely rent a room.

Your legal remedy is to evict the deadbeat using the county court system.

You gambled, you lost.
Stop renting rooms.
Deadbeats are dirty, lazy, and refuse to pay.

You answered your question: "The eviction process in MA, usually just leads to non payment and legal bills."

You take a very great risk when you rent rooms to deadbeats.
People that would be good risks, rarely rent a room.

Your legal remedy is to evict the deadbeat using the county court system.

You gambled, you lost.
Stop renting rooms.
Deadbeats are dirty, lazy, and refuse to pay.

Nowhere did I state I was renting a room. This is a $4,000 a mo. unit in the Navy Yard in Boston. So, I cannot move his things or take any actions to have his belongings moved? Construction project is being delayed by his belongings. He's a doctor, with good credit. I do my diligence.

Nowhere did I state I was renting a room. This is a $4,000 a mo. unit in the Navy Yard in Boston. So, I cannot move his things or take any actions to have his belongings moved? Construction project is being delayed by his belongings. He's a doctor, with good credit. I do my diligence.

Well i guess this is why this free advice, this wasnt helpful and the tesponse was rude

Read your post.
You indicate the troublesome tenant maintains a litter box, irrespective of TWO OTHER TENANTS residing in the house.

It isn't illogical to deduce you're renting rooms.
Or, you might be renting floors, or multiple living spaces to more than one tenant.
I don't care, because I sold most of my rental properties, and gifted the others to my children.

I grew weary of wasting my time chasing deadbeats for nickels and dimes.

Okay, maybe each tenant rents a floor of your house?

Nevertheless, you indicate at least THREE tenants share that abode.

That's more than one tenant in that lovely home, that reeks of decaying cat urine and rotting cat feces.

Anyway, BIG SHOT, hire yourself a lawyer.

I'm not wasting my talents, my intellectual efforts, and very valuable JD on a rude, boorish, uncouth, dullard.

It's YOUR problem, genius, YOU solve it!!!

Boston, Ma

Back