Illegal Status

Mzavala95

Jurisdiction
Texas
I currently live in Mexico and recently found out I am pregnant. The father is illegal and has no criminal record and has never came to the US illegally. When the time of birth comes around is there anyway he can cross legally with a permit or something just for the time that I would be in the hospital? If so how would I go about to process this? Thank you.

I currently live in Mexico and recently found out I am pregnant. The father is illegal and has no criminal record and has never came to the US illegally. When the time of birth comes around is there anyway he can cross legally with a permit or something just for the time that I would be in the hospital? If so how would I go about to process this? Thank you.

Why not give birth to the child in Mexico, if the father's presence during the birthing process is important to you?

There's no special permit for unmarried fathers (not US citizens or Green Card holders) that allow them lawful admission to the US for the child's birth. For more details, review this site: www.uscis.gov or contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.

If you're a citizen if the US, the child becomes a US citizen no matter where it might be born. You can find out how that's accomplished by visiting the nearest US Embassy or Consulate ASAP.

God luck.

Why not give birth to the child in Mexico, if the father's presence during the birthing process is important to you?

There's no special permit for unmarried fathers (not US citizens or Green Card holders) that allow them lawful admission to the US for the child's birth. For more details, review this site: www.uscis.gov or contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.

If you're a citizen if the US, the child becomes a US citizen no matter where it might be born. You can find out how that's accomplished by visiting the nearest US Embassy or Consulate ASAP.

God luck.

I have considered that option as well, but my grandmother is in Texas and is denied entrance to Mexico and I would like her to be present.

So, if I were to marry him. I would have such options?

Thank you.

I have considered that option as well, but my grandmother is in Texas and is denied entrance to Mexico and I would like her to be present.

So, if I were to marry him. I would have such options?

Thank you.

Marrying him would only obligate you to support him to an extent far beyond what husbands and wives do in most marriages, even if he were to divorce you in a few months.

Marriage wouldn't give him a Green Card or move his place in the immigration lottery, unless you have significant assets the USCIS would verify existed. If you have such assets, your best option is to talk to a few US immigration attorneys before proceeding.

The fact that your grandmother can't enter Mexico LEGALLY, leaves you with some personal choices to make.

As I suggested, talk to an fficial at the nearest US consulate r the Embassy. You might start by calling them, which will at least reveal to you what can't happen before your baby is born.

I'm not sure it would happen for you, but occasionally people tell me f certain compassionate considerations they've been able to receive in matters such as yours.

Back