Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse illegal search

K

karlenkay

Jurisdiction
Oregon
the sheriffs dept served a search and size warrant on my apartment with my former roommate his girlfriend and another person for manufacturing heroin and distribution and for electronics and guns money and drugs.
When they came in asked for him I had told them he hadn't lived there and he moved out about a month ago. I hadn't seen his girlfriend in a few weeks.
My friend was here and they searched him and removed him from the house. then it was my turn I stood up arms and hands out . there was 4 to 6 cops on my right and 3 or 4 on my left as I taking two small steps to my left the one sheriff reached for the chair cushion and removed it and said I was setting on heroin I stepped back to see what he was talking about I never seen no baggie of heroin the men take and start searching me no woman cop present then removed me from the house. they never showed me the drug or did any form of test in front of me. because of some glass I also got charged with possession of meth. they taking my phone and my friend who was visiting laptop but left mine there was drugs found.
When I told them he don't live here and my name was not on the search warrant or even had a clue to who I was. I can see them searching his old room and the rest of the house.
I feel them searching my room was illegal and searching me with out a female cop here was illegal
they said if I showed proof that was my phone they would not take it which I showed them proof it was mine but they still taking the phone. they told me if I didn't tell them combo to the safe they would tear it out and the wall and get in there. I told them they taking my usb drives and didn't write it down.
the main sheriff who was serving the warrant has a long history of doing wrongful matters and arresting people due to heroin. for he hates drugs so much because of his son who is a will known drug dealer of heroin here in town. that was learned from some research I done.
if they thought this was a place of drugs being made and sold and guns and etc. why did they not have the swat team here and hvac here to search for everybody's safety or the cops wearing protective gear.my home does not look like a drug house my home is clean and neat inside and out.
please give me some feed back to what I can do and if this would be legal or not. thank you
I fill like this search was illegally served and searched.
I also feel that the baggie with brown stuff in it was used to give the a reason to search me and my home. I never gave them any reason to search me or room.
I was cited to appear in court later this month.

You really need to talk to a lawyer. Stat. And do not share any information in a public forum like this, especially if drugs were found in your home, a month after the supposed druggie roommate moved out.

They had a warrant to search your house. They had absolutely no obligation to believe anything you said. Nothing illegal happened.

You've been charged with a crime. Get a lawyer.

The two prior posters gave great advice.
All I can add is never explain anything to the police.
You have the RIGHT to remain silent.
You should always use that right.
Never argue with any law enforcement official.
The place to debate the charge(s) in in a courtroom.
So, plead NOR guilty, hire yourself a lawyer, or ask the court if you qualify for a public defender.
Do NOT discuss any aspect of the case, try to offer excuses, offer explanations, and say NOTHINg about any drugs allegedly found on or about your home.

WHY?

In many of these cases law enforcement places homes under surveillance, often sending "buyers" to purchase dope.

There's more, but this should get you to THINKING and stop TALKING.

I agree. Nothing you've said here raises my suspicion that anything illegal happened.
They had a warrant to search the residence regardless of who was living there unless the warrant specifically restricted the search.
A female officer is not required to conduct a search of female arrestees.
Perhaps when you explain it to an attorney and records are reviewed something might be found, but in the surface this all appears normal.

Back