Illegal Left Turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper

A couple weeks back an 18 yr girl made a left turn, right in front of me causing my mini van to hit her car.
I was going north and she was going south, we had the green light. There was an independant witness who told the officer what she had done. I got a copy of the accident report and it clearly states that she was at fault, under violation`s it say`s she made an illegal left turn.
I contacted her insurance and at first they said they would pay 50%, they said that since she was almost thru the turn and I hit her in the rear quarter panel,(it was a small acura) that`s the amount they would pay. Now, after they talked to the witness they said they would pay 65%. The reason they came to 65% is now they are trying to say speed was a factor on my part, which it was not, I was doing about 5 miles below the limit.
I am a 40yr truck with NO accidents or violations of any type in the past 10 yrs.
I live in pennsylvania and only have liability on my van because of it`s age.
How do I get their insurance company to pay 100% of my vehicle`s damages.
Need advice Please......

You need to negotiate. If you hit the back of her vehicle, they may take it to court rather than settle -- that depends upon the damages. They may have a point depending upon speed issues. It might be worth it to get a certain percentage since you will likely not get 100% of the value of your vehicle new. Perhaps if you play it out you will get more -- perhaps 100%, but that might not be likely here unless it is a small amount of money. It is a settlement offer. You do have witnesses as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back