if she's living with someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

staci

[
we pay $800.00 a month in alimony payments & are to pay that for 20 years to my husbands ex... She has been living with her boyfriend for the last year &1/2 & has no plans of marrying. We live in another state & she lives in Ca. Is there any common law stipulation or something??? or do we just get to pay for her & her boyfriends living & vacations for the whole 20 years???COLOR="Purple"][/COLOR]

Unless there is a clause that if she co-habitates with someone, he probably has to pay. He can take his paperwork to an attorney to review. 20 years is a long time to pay alimony, basically sounds like permament alimony. He must have been married to her for a long time.

Thanx,
The paperwork states 20 years (also the amount of years married)
It was what they agreed...
I was told during my divorce (same years married) that I could recieve for 10 years (I declined alimony) & that I couldn't recieve it if I was living with a boyfriend (same state,& attorney)

I think it is case specific. Because one attorney told you co-habitation eliminates it doesn't mean its necessarily true if it is not in the paperwork. Your husband should take all this to an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back