If a loner die, how the government deal with his/her money?

petermark

Question 1 - Does the government has the obligation to search if he/she's will is in the public trustee?

Question 2 - A man has three children and two houses (A and B).

In his will, it says: I give one house A to the third child,
and house B for other two.

This will is signed by only a JP, the local law requires 2 witnesses.

And he transferred the house A to his third child.
So when he died, he only get one house (House B) under his name.
And the third child is the legal owner of the house A for years now.

If the third child asks to get 1/3 of the house B, can he win?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you doing homework assignments or are you involved in an estate issue personally?

Also, please stop using multiple threads on essentially the same topic. It's annoying to see you jumping around and it discourages responses.

I combined the two posts into one and deleted the other.

1. We have no idea what law or jurisdiction to which you are referring. My guess is you're referring to Australia or New Zealand law using a public trustee. Here we have probate court and a different process.

2. The question itself is confusing and seems ridiculous. If the home was already transferred to the first child before death then the home is no longer the property of the testator. And it seems like perhaps the question is asking about whether the will is valid at all. These legal questions that seem to be from a law school or law class of sorts seem to be poorly constructed.

The OP does have an Australia IP address - probably is referring to Australia law. Does "sound like" homework.

Are you doing homework assignments or are you involved in an estate issue personally?

Also, please stop using multiple threads on essentially the same topic. It's annoying to see you jumping around and it discourages responses.

I guess it is very clear. they are two different questions.
It must be very difficult for you to figure out.

The fact is that you almost get no users and no answers in the forum.
The size of the forum is a joke as your answer.

The fact is you're using an avatar from someone's video and if what you were saying was true, you wouldn't have bothered making the effort to post the question.

You received some answers but just don't understand them. I'm also guessing that you've paraphrased the legal questions that were asked to you while leaving out some important fact or facts. Even simple English grammar is abused, something I haven't seen at an accredited legal institution. And you should be able to figure out the first with the help of Google as to the law in your local jurisdiction, wherever that may be and which is clearly relevant.

Back