I was woken up to a ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiscohelp

I attended a party the Sunday night, the weekend after the fourth of July. I went to bed on a couch in the garage and I was woken up by an officer saying he was giving everyone a ticket. I gave him my identification knowing everyone was of legal age, but he returned with a ticket for possession/use of fireworks prohibited. Nobody at the party had any fireworks on them and the police said they "saw" someone light one off. What should I plead on my court date tomorrow? I'm not guilty but I don't want some odd thing with the law to make me have to pay for future court payments. Could I lose? Should I plead no contest?
Violation: 16.20 (3) Wisconsin Dells

If you had no part of any illegal fireworks, then plead "not guilty."

If the officer cannot state that he saw YOU light the fireworks off or somehow aid or encourage those who did, then you should not be convicted.

Ultimately, it is your call what you do.

So, you "slept" through fireworks?

I attended a party the Sunday night, the weekend after the fourth of July. I went to bed on a couch in the garage and I was woken up by an officer saying he was giving everyone a ticket. I gave him my identification knowing everyone was of legal age, but he returned with a ticket for possession/use of fireworks prohibited. Nobody at the party had any fireworks on them and the police said they "saw" someone light one off. What should I plead on my court date tomorrow? I'm not guilty but I don't want some odd thing with the law to make me have to pay for future court payments. Could I lose? Should I plead no contest?
Violation: 16.20 (3) Wisconsin Dells

If you believe you are innocent, you'd be defying your own moral code to plead guilty.
This isn't a capital case, so innocent or guilty, you'll simply pay a fine.
If I were lying on your couch (LOL), I'd plead not guilty and tell my version before the judge, the persecutor, and the world.

Good luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back