I was fired. Employer said I quit. Denied Unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreynoldstexas

I was terminated from my last job. Filed for unemployment. Employer appealed it, I won. Employer appealed a 2nd time. Had a hearing via telephone. Decisions and benefits have been reversed. I want to appeal the Texas Workforce Commissions decision, but not sure how to reverse decision.

Stated my former boss did not use the word "fired" or "terminated". I asked if he was asking me to gather my belongings and leave. He said that would be best.

What can I do, if anything to appeal?

All you can do is tell the truth as you understand it to be. There are no tricks or gimmicks anyone can give you that will guarantee you a favorable outcome.

I have done that.

I have also filed a wage claim for unpaid commissions. In the Employers Response To Wage Claim, my ex-boss, who scopecreeps, discussed the day I left. His explanation was "If you arenot happy then I do not understand why you are here now. We both decided that it would better if she left".

It was his decision, not mine. He even went to payroll that morning to see how much the company owed me for oustanding commissions, which was uncharacteristic of him as I always had to ask for my check. There is a witness who will testify to this.

With him going to payroll to determine the amount owed to me, would this not be of pre-meditation of termination?

Last edited:
With him going to payroll to determine the amount owed to me, would this not be of pre-meditation of termination?

You can certainly point that out to the ALJ. But I can't tell you what the state will decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back