I was falsely accused of sexual harassment back in early September.

Cameron C.

Jurisdiction
California
I was falsely accused of sexual harassment by another student in early September. And the school did not do any sort of investigation before taking any form of action. I was promptly pulled from my TA (Teachers Assistant) Position and called to the Operations directors office. They issued a written warning to "Put into my file". I was told that this was personal and wouldn't be shown. I have since brought documentation to the school proving I was innocent and they refused to take or acknowledge it. Their excuse as to why they didn't accept it was that in their handbook it states that "A student is responsible for his or her own actions on social media". A few weeks later I ran across my handbook from the beginning of the school year. It states as such "The student shall be responsible for his or her actions on social media regarding school matters if one of the following has taken place: It took place on a school owned device, or it took place on school property". Neither of this took place, the messages where modified and the time stamp of the original message was 1 AM. It took place on personally owned devices and at both parties residence. But, I have since had multiple people approach me regarding the matter and I have lost about 7 friends from this whole instance. I no longer have any form of reputation and frankly don't even want to go to the school campus. But, like most juniors, I am stuck there at parents will. Any form of advice is welcomed, thank you!

First you say you were falsely accused. Then you say there were messages at 1 AM.

What, exactly, did this (I assume) girl accuse you of?
Pretty much, this girl I use (Emphasis on Use) to be friends with, accused me of asking her sexual question (IE Masturbation). I never, and will never state something even close to those lines. This took place on a application called Discord, its program based but it can be opened on a web browser and modified via inspect element. I provided the messages via a dump file on the companies end. Showing all messages.
We had a conversation on the platform because we where playing a computer game. Your able to create group servers and DM's (Direct Messages) on the platform to tailor around your game.

Well, you basically have two choices.

1 - Hire a lawyer to see about scaring the school into cleansing the record. That'll cost you thousands with no guarantee of success.

2 - Get over it. It happened. In a couple of years you'll have a new set of friends and nobody will care.

It is foolish, risky, and unwise to discuss anything other than sports, the weather, puppies, kittens, flowers, or BBQ with ANYONE in person, on the phone, via text messages, or email.

It might be time for you to stay to yourself while attempting to graduate.

It is also time to remain silent, because no one will believe you now.

You might also investigate counseling.

Good luck.

Yep. Avoid discussing anything related to sex, politics, or religion.

Not so sure about sports, though. Team spirit can get rather volatile. ;)

I have since brought documentation to the school proving I was innocent

This really is not possible.

I am stuck there at parents will.

You are an adult. Your parents have no say. I suspect what you mean to say is that you need your parents money, and therefore must do as they please or else be cut off. You can certainly leave the school if you want to.

Any form of advice is welcomed, thank you!

By your own description you have not been formally accused of or punished for any action. Rather than social media policy you might need to look at personal conduct and sexual harassment policy for better understanding of what the school has done. From their perspective it was likely done as prevention of further issues rather than punishment of anything that happened.
Regardless, the grown up thing to do here is discontinue whatever behavior led to this and move on in a better direction.

Back