I Want To Do Whats Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRGNSL8R

I'm In The Middle Of Filing For A Divorce And I Have 3 Daughters With This Woman. She Doesnt Let Me See The Kids And Wont Let Me Take Them Out For Anyhting At All. And She Has Me On Child Support And I Dont Want To Put My Girls In This Battle. I Have Someone Else In My Life And She Has Someone Else In Hers. How Do I Go By Giving Up Paternal Right Of The Girls? I Love Them But I Know That This Is The Best Option For Me To Do. Let Me Know What I Need To Do Please.

You just cannot terminate rights. Why are there so many people that think they can do this?

WHY would you want to put your kids through this? If she does not let you see the kids, you need to file contemp of court. If there is a child support order, then you probably have some sort of visitation correct?

You love your kids, I am sure they love you, how would terminating your rights be in their best interest?

You likely cannot unless there is no parent-child relationship at all, and mom is remarried (which she is not) , AND the stepfather is willing to adopt.

You just cannot dump your kids. You do not have to see them but you must pay court ordered support.

My advice is to get an attorney and file for more visitation, OR file contempt charges in court if Mom is withholding court ordered visitation.

Don't let mom win at her games.

Be in their lives

I'm with Duranie. I just don't understand how many people want to sign their rights away. If you hate your ex so much, stay in your children's lives. That would really piss her off!!! If you love your children so much, be in their lives. Make a difference. Staying away from them will only hurt them not her. You are putting yourself right where she wants you to be.

File contempt of court charges for visitation. Eventually, she may get the hint that she will go to jail (or be threatened to go). If you can't afford an attorney, call the child support office and ask how to file it yourself.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back