Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant I told the officer no!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

musiclover

so i have no idea what to do cuz i have never been arrested before. i work in a music venue and we have been having some trouble with our local police. inconfidence they have told me that they don't approve of the type of kid our (all ages) coffee house music venue brings in. we had a show saturday night and the police showed up. i was talking to the one officer about what i shoudl do with all the kids. he asks me if i have any weapons or sharp objects. i raise my hands over my head and say i have no weapons i do not want to be searched. he said put your fuckin hands down and stuck his hands into my pockets, and searched me. the officer found much less than 2.5 grams. all that took place in our loby in front of about 50 people who were watching intently. i made sure to be loud enough to catch there attention, especially being the manager. they never read me my rights and asked me if i wanted to drive to the station. i told them no my car doesn't always start right away. so they drove me down there booked me gave me a court date and $75 bail. they were making fun of the fact that i had such little weed at the station. before i left they brought me in a little room and told me i could work this off by telling them where they could find more. i denied them anything told them that what i had was a gift and most of anything i use is a gift. i don't know what i should do. whats most worth my time. should i fight this or not.

Fight it. Get a lawyer. From what you said it was an illegal search. Even if it lead to an arrest yu should have an attorney make a motion to supress the evidence that was discovered illegally. After that go after the station in particular. Sue him for a civil rights violation.

BTW find out which of those witness's have no priors on record they will be your best chance to prove illegal search. Otherwise it will be your word against his, and the courts tend to be biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back