Consumer Fraud I think I've been scamed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenCredit

In March I paid my Verizon bill on their automated system. I paid another payment at the end of March the same way. When I received my April bank statement I noticed that the payment I made at the beginning of March was duplicated 2 additional times. I then called Verizon to find out why, and they referred to it as a hickup, but a hick up of $170 when I was only authorizing a 1/3 of that. When I asked them to return the money to my account they said they would get back to me. 2 weeks went by and they said we can't return it because it would create late fees and past due's & they just applied it to my bill, which left me a credit, which they then used towards by current bill.

Is there any recourse???

I doubt it since they gave you a credit & applied it toward your current bill. I have known of that happening to other people.

You can hold & see if you get other replies.

In March I paid my Verizon bill on their automated system. I paid another payment at the end of March the same way. When I received my April bank statement I noticed that the payment I made at the beginning of March was duplicated 2 additional times. I then called Verizon to find out why, and they referred to it as a hickup, but a hick up of $170 when I was only authorizing a 1/3 of that. When I asked them to return the money to my account they said they would get back to me. 2 weeks went by and they said we can't return it because it would create late fees and past due's & they just applied it to my bill, which left me a credit, which they then used towards by current bill.

Is there any recourse???

Yes, pay in person, or send a money order via snail mail.

You could close the Verizon account and go to another provider, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back