Homicide, Murder, Manslaughter I suspect my sister was poisoned but . . .

K

Kiyo

My sister died suddenly from hepatarenal failure. When she was admitted to the hospital they gave her a drug to reduce the level of paracetamol they found in her system.

Her husband was barely there during her hospitalization and after her death he did not appear to grieve and spent most the time away doing other things. My mother spent 24/7 at her beside and helped her through the dying process while he was scarce. He was not even there at the time of her death even though we told him it was imminent.

He did not let them take extra samples to inquire further into her cause of death although the hospital asked to.

He had her cremated right away.

He insisted she died from excess drinking but I and a few other members of the family and friends were very suspicious and the doctors seem mystified and couldn't give a definite cause.

There was domestic violence in their relationship recently and she had a large bruise and scratch when she was admitted.

Her husband is a medical assistant.

They had a very difficult marriage and talked of divorce a lot.

They were about to file bankruptcy and had money problems.

There was domestic violence and I have pictures she sent to us to prove that.

About a month after she died, he talked endlessly of spending the survivor benefits he was about to receive for his daughter on travel and starting a business. I protested and told him to save it to care for her but he told me it was none of my business.

It was around this time that he produced a 27 page "letter to his future older daughter " but I never read past the first 3 pages until recently because it was too morbid and sad. It was explaining why and how she died. The account is overly detailed in some parts, very clinical and reads like an alibi. Noting all his whereabouts and times. Exact times and lengths of phone calls. He describes meals he was eating and places he traveled with his parents during his "vacation days" when his wife was in the hospital dying. Yet there are certain areas with important info where he writes that he "cant recall" certain times. Like the days before and day of the onset of her illness. Something he doesn't write about is the high level of paracetamol found in her blood upon being admitted. Strange considering how morbidly detailed the rest of the document is and he wants his daughter to understand every minute aspect of the medical care she received.

5 months have passed and he suddenly tells my mom. who provides care for his daughter, that he wants her to continue to baby sit 12 hours a day but doesn't want her or us in his home anymore. She thought he was being rude and he snapped back that she would never see him or her granddaughter again. It seemed harsh and I became extremely upset and worried up hearing this.

I remembered a time recently when my sisters husband asked us to help him get passwords out of her old computer. We tried and could not help him. He took it to his work and someone helped him extract from the computer what ever it was that he was looking for. I did see and remember the passwords after all he asked for our help. I was just really concerned and wanted to know exactly what was going on. I accessed my sisters account and his account. I read her emails and I read his.

I changed both passwords after I discovered he mysteriously deleted all conversations to and from anyone in both accounts, about a month before she died up until the EXACT date of her death, which was when he took over her account and her facebook. On FB he changed her relationship status on her FB to say she started a relationship about a month before she died. It never said that before they have been married for 6 years. So he changed it.

I emailed FB to memorialize the account so he wouldn't shut it down.

I looked through his account and I looked at his drive. That's when I saw the original letter and every revision he made. I saw his search history. His location history. All of it was a lie. He searched for the 7 rights of drug administration the day before she died. His account of the day she fell ill changes so many times and it final product is still a lie. I can see his locations and they don't match his accounts. In one version, says he DID noticed her jaundice, but didn't say anything to her about it.

The letter started as a dry alibi like document stating the situation and defending the actions he took.The original refers to his daughter in the 3 rd person. Later he addresses it "to her" and changes many details.

Can I tell the police? I'm scared for my niece and her safety. He can't get into the accounts and suspects me but can't do anything about it. He wants them back and that is the only reason he is even still talking to my family. I don't think that he realizes that I can see every revision but who knows. I want to call 911 as we no longer certain where they are. He stopped going to his apartment as is no longer home as far as we can tell. I'm afraid he will flea if the police question him with out enough evidence to detain him.

What the hell can I do now?

Why is it that she sent you pictures indicating domestic violence yet no one in the family did anything to help her while she was alive?

You can try going to the police but don't expect to get anywhere at this point. If you suspected she was poisoned by acetaminophen then maybe you should have spoken to the hospital staff about that and tried to get the police involved then.

Can I tell the police? I

You are free to report your suspicions to anyone, even the police.
I suggest you attempt to report the matter.
Good luck, and may you find peace as you grieve your loss.

Back