1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

I sent in my Answer and still received Request for entry of default Business Debt, Collections

Discussion in 'Other Debt, Collection, Garnishment' started by joejoe7676, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joejoe7676

    joejoe7676 Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I received a summons for unpaid credit card bills a little less than $5,000. I did file my answer on time to the court, i did get a copy of it being stamped and they did cash the check, however i did not send the Answer to the plaintiff. I was under the assumption that the clerk would send out copies to all parties involved as other forms i looked at did say the clerk would send copies. But nonetheless, a couple months later i received a request for entry of default. Soon as i received that I ended up sending a copy of my Answer to the plaintiff by certified mail so they would have a copy of it. I am sure they have not received it yet. So since the judge has not made a ruling yet will sending the copy to the plaintiff at least solve the issue of it being Answered? If not should i also respond to the request for entry of default? or any other suggestions.

    Real advice would be nice, i went to another forum and i just got a bunch of snotty responses. Thank you very much!
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    We can't instruct you in how to file answers to lawsuits.
    You might check with the court and see if a real lawsuit has been filed.
    Many of these lawsuits are scams.
    Google the purported person or agency allegedly suing you.
    The scams are very prolific.
    They are very evil.
    They will steal or money, or trick you into reaffirming the debt.
    If you haven't done anything or paid anything on the alleged debt, the SOL may be protecting you.
    Don't do anything to remove that protection.

    In CA, credit card debt is extinguished in four years.

    Your state offers you advice:


    Read this link:

    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.