I only want wants fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketcutie

I had the same attorney for 12 years . He called me one friday night and said he needed to stop by my home OD but I figured there was somthing of important he needed to discuss w me ,instead He spills his guts about his horrible marriage. I was shocked but I had no reason to doubt him being I had trusted him w ALL my personal issues pertaining to my legal issues . LONG story short . We ended up sleeping together . Several months later I was at work at the church preschool daycare when my boss called me into her office and fired me . Again I was mortified . I loved my job,I am a single mom of 3 kids . I was fired because his wife showed up at the school pretending to want info for a friends child . She was told tours are only on thurs. and she would need to schedule an apt. she blurted out that an employee had slept w her husband . (she is also an attorney but wasnt working at the time ) .She was asked to leave immediately but only to return w/in the hour w/ info out of my personal legal files that were then enough to get me fired . Her husband offices at home so she had easy access to my files obviously. things that were document and had occurred in my personal life but things i were never criminally charged w but didnt look good being i was working w children in the church . I was then out of a good job for a good 9 months and I lost all benefits as well . We are scheduled for court on jan. 13 but have a mediation on jan. 11 and I need to know exactly what to ask for . My loss of wages ,mental anguish, attorney /client confidentiality ,slander???? You see after I was fired she also then left me numerous messages on my hm phone answering machine (that I saved ) stating exactly what she did and that she would do it again if she felt the need .

If she is an attorney then she is in some deep doo-doo.
Personally, I would contact the state bar and report her actions.

I'm not certain what you might be able to get in court though. I would leave mental anguish off the list though... don't even bring it up. You weren't really slandered either.

Once upon a time, and maybe even still, a person who had an affair with someone who is married could be sued over the loss of spousal privileges. I doubt that happens much anymore though.. if at all. My point is... the woman had good reason to be angry and you aren't totally innocent. What she did was unethical, and you should be focused on how she obtained the private information (was it given to her or did she sneak in and steal it?) and any damages you sustained as a result of her use of that information.

I don't know about TX, but in CA attorney's have professional responsibility rules to follow which include not sleeping with their clients, he could be in deep too, I'd report them to the TX State Bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back