i need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthewcollins

Hi, I have an interesting problem perhaps someone can help with.

Basically I am a student from the UK, I had some finals tickets for Wmbledon Tennis Grand Slam, which i tried to sell on ebay. I was caught by the Wimbledon tennis club and asked to post the tickets back for a refund. I did this and everything was ok. I then stupidly decided to email a few people bidding on finals tickets on other listings on ebay saying I had finals tickets, to see out of interest if any of the people bidding were working for wimbledon as I was trying to find out how I got caught. In response they accused me of selling more tickets and informed their lawyers. Now they will take legal action unless I return the other set of tickets. My problem is that these tickets do not exist, I pretended I had tickets to see, a sI said if any of these bidders were working for Wimbledon out of curiosity.

I am not sure what to do

thanks for helping

Matthewcollins said:
Hi, I have an interesting problem perhaps someone can help with.

Basically I am a student from the UK, I had some finals tickets for Wmbledon Tennis Grand Slam, which i tried to sell on ebay. I was caught by the Wimbledon tennis club and asked to post the tickets back for a refund. I did this and everything was ok. I then stupidly decided to email a few people bidding on finals tickets on other listings on ebay saying I had finals tickets, to see out of interest if any of the people bidding were working for wimbledon as I was trying to find out how I got caught. In response they accused me of selling more tickets and informed their lawyers. Now they will take legal action unless I return the other set of tickets. My problem is that these tickets do not exist, I pretended I had tickets to see, a sI said if any of these bidders were working for Wimbledon out of curiosity.

I am not sure what to do

thanks for helping
I highly doubt their lawyers will sue you. You can tell them you were trying to determine how and why you were made an example, that's all. I don't know what damages they would have either. It seems mostly scare tactics. Sorry about the tickets. Let us know how things turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back