I need help with violent/threatening text messages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GH_Fever

Hello I'm new to the forum, I joined because i'm looking for some advice.

For the last two nights my roommate and myself have been recieveing threatening text messages. Not always, some of them are just random, some are creepy, and some are messages like "I'm gonna slit your throat". We have security at our complex so they've been keeping an extra eye out.

Now, the weirdest thing, well there's actually two weird things. One, the text messages are coming from OUR phone numbers. Like when I get a message it says it's coming from MY cell phone. How is this possible? Second, the person is watching us. It's guarenteed because he's texted us when we move around the house or go out of the house, etc.

So the point i'm trying to make is i'm completely freaked and so is my roommate. But everything i've read is the cops are going to just brush it off and the nearest police station is far without a car, so I don't want to go there just for them to fill out a piece of paper and do away with us.

Any advice? Thanks so much!

If it's coming from your number, maybe the person is sending it from a computer. You can sign onto a website and send messages where you type in what number you want to show the message coming from. I would go to the cops so at least you have the report on file, they may not brush it aside and it's important that they are aware of this.

PILawGirl is right about the spoofing but there is still an origin of where the message is coming from that can be traced. It might be an email gateway, which presents proof problems as to who originated the message because there is no "phone" to attach the message to. Still, you need to discuss this with your wireless phone provider to get them started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back