I need help: somebody has put lien on my car

droommaster

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hello.

I have a situation.

I bought a secondhand car from a car dealer in Ford Madison IA .

My name is noticed on a second page of a vehicle title (a copy of the title is available), under "third reassignment dealer only" section as the last purchaser.

I made an agreement (invoice is available) with a transportation company (located in Bayonne, NJ, let's call it A) to transport this car from a warehouse in Miami to a ship dock/terminal in Jacksonville.

I left this car and the original title in the warehouse in Miami.

The A company hired then a contractor (another company, let's call it B) to tow this car from this warehouse in Miami to Jacksonville.

However, when the B company delivered this car in the ship dock Jacksonville, there were some issues with paperwork and the driver of the B company couldn't be able to leave this car in the ship dock/terminal.

He towed this car back to Miami.

Then he demanded the payment from the A company, because they didn't provide the necessary documents. The A company claims to provide those documents and denied the payment.

On 09.22.2017 the driver of the B company went to a lien company (located in Doral FL, let's call it C) and put a lien on this car.

On 10.04.2017 the A company filed a stolen car report in the police of Miami.

The C company contacted the A company and demanded the payment (lien $600, plus a payback for the transportation for B company $400, Miami-Jacksonville there and back, plus storage fees $35/day).

In addition, the C company informed the A company by phone that the B company is keeping this car (the exact location is unknown).

The A company denied the payment referring to the fact that this car was stolen by the B company, that the A company filed a stolen car report and the C company must give this car back immediately.

The C company denied returning and informed the A company that this stolen car report is illegal and that this car will be sold on the auction on 10.24.2017 to pay off all lien/transport and storage debts.

The question is:

Can the C lien company do that?

Is it legal?

I mean: this car is not the A company property. The A company was hired by me just to transport my car.

When I contacted the C company by phone (I'm outside the USA now) as the owner of this car and asked an official explanation, a copy of the lien and an official invoice, the C company denied me those documents referring to the fact that I am not a primer holder of the title and I can't prove my identity.

I tried several times to contact B company by phone (I don't know their email), nobody answered.

I contacted the A company and asked them to resolve this issue and rescue my car.

The A company did nothing so far.

What can I do in this situation?

Could you give me an advice?

Please, contact me via email.

My email:

Vovoda2000@yahoo.com

Best regards

Andriy

Either come back to the US to straighten things out, hire someone to handle it for you, or forget about it.
Your agreement is with the company you hired, and nobody else. Review your contract to see what your remedies are for their failure to perform.
With you out of the country you are easy to ignore.

.... to straighten things out, hire someone to handle it for you....
Your agreement is with the company you hired, and nobody else. Review your contract to see what your remedies are for their failure to perform.
With you out of the country you are easy to ignore.

Thank you for your answer.

Of course, I understand that I have to hire a lawyer to straighten things out and I understand that I have an agreement is with the company I have hired, and nobody else.

The question is remain:

Did the B company have the right to put the lien on my car?
Can the C "lien company" do that? I mean to sell this car on the auction without a court decision.

Is it legal?

You can't PROVE ownership, nor can you prove your identity, I doubt you'll ever see or hear anything about the car unless its from law enforcement.

You can't PROVE ownership, nor can you prove your identity, I doubt you'll ever see or hear anything about the car unless its from law enforcement.

Thank you for your reply.
Hoverwer, it is not helpfull.

How do you mean: you can't PROVE ownership?.
I have a purchase contract and my name is in the title. I have a copy of a DOT registration form also.
Isn't it enought?
Can I do something to stop this auction?
I now the date and an address where this auction will take place.

Are there any lawers who can say me:

Can the C "lien company" do that? I mean to sell this car on the auction without a court decision.
Is it legal?

I have a purchase contract and my name is in the title. I have a copy of a DOT registration form also.
Isn't it enought?

Is it legal?

Isn't it enought?

Is it legal?

I'm a lawyer, but no lawyer will dispense legal advice without meeting with you in person.

Physicians may now be practicing medicine over the internet, lawyers aren't.

You said in one of your posts above the company told you that you can't prove you own the car, nor can you prove your identity.

If you wish to pursue this matter, you need to HIRE yourself a lawyer in the jurisdiction where the car is being held.

There is nothing you can do to remedy this matter from in or near the city of Ghent in the country of Belgium.

You can potentially hire yourself a US lawyer in the state where the car is being held, if a lawyer wants to become involved in this situation.

If the lien remains on the car, its legal until such time a court removes it.

The car can potentially be sold to satisfy the lien.

If any money is obtained over and above the lien amount alleged t owed, that money should be returned to you.

Will that be done?

Usually it mysteriously disappears, or ONLY the amount necessary to satisfy the lien is all that is received.

Will that be the result in this case?

Only a Supreme Being or a sorcerer knows for sure.

The internet will be of little or NO value to you.

As far as any information given by anyone as not helpful, it was FREE, wasn't it?

You got what you paid for NOTHING!

Back