Eviction Notice I need help please.

Ana Holguin

Jurisdiction
California
I had three weeks left until my lease was up. I had to have an inspection and comply with all source of income to see if I am I eligible to live in my apartment that I reside for five years. I know I was in non-compliance but I was dealing with a lot in my personal life and once I got the last notice to do my inspection I realize I was in Fault. So I complied the maintenance came inside my home and fixed what he fix for the day said he would come back to paint my walls if I clean them also the outlet was an electrical hazard which later I had shocked myself and so did my three-year-old daughter. I have contacted housing authority and let them know that I have finish cleaning my walls so the maintenance could paint them as he said. My worker told me that it was too late to get everything done. She said that the maintenance man said my house was unable to get cleaned. Not true because I clean it within the 2 days I also have children so it's kind of hard to keep it clean. Long story short I got served with a 30 day notice two weeks before my lease was up. Then I got served with the three day notice to cure or quit. But that same day I got another notice saying three day notice to quit. I tried calling housing Authority so I could know how much to pay because I received a letter for December's rent in the amount of 600 and then January 600 but on the three day cure or quit notice it said $50 for the month of December which was my original rent because I was on Section 8 which ended December 5th 2018. Also living in a low income housing unit. I tried calling housing authority and talking to them but they were ignoring my calls so I just left it at that and now I got served with a summon. I need to know if I should motion to quash or I'm so lost I'm really not trying to lose my home that me and my three children have been living in the past five years.

I need to know if I should motion to quash or I'm so lost I'm really not trying to lose my home that me and my three children have been living in the past five years.

If you think such a motion could be of assistance to you, by all means you can try.

What you shouldn't do is miss any mandated court appearance.

If you miss any appearance you'll lose by default.

If you appear and tell your story, a sympathetic judge or referee might just give you more time.

Got served with a summon for unlawful detainer. It says i have 5 days is there any way i can request more time ? I live in my apartment for 5 years. Got served with a 30 day notice then 3 day notice to cure or quit. The same day served with 3 days notice to quit im confused now i have a summon i need to respond in 5 days. Which today is the 4th day? I need more time and help!!

is there any way i can request more time ?

No

3 days notice to quit

That is ONLY a request from the landlord.

That is NOT a court order.

You can ignore the request to vacate.

You MUST obey the court orders, such as notices to appear before the court.

You won't get more time.

However, the court process can drag on six to eight weeks, longer in large urban areas.

The court process offers you time as long as you don't miss any mandated appearances.

If you think such a motion could be of assistance to you, by all means you can try.

What you shouldn't do is miss any mandated court appearance.

If you miss any appearance you'll lose by default.

If you appear and tell your story, a sympathetic judge or referee might just give you more time.

I didn't vacate but now im served with summons unlawful detainer eviction which i need more time to respond at least 3 more days

Back