I need help please??

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The road where I was driving on had a bunch of construction going on and the lanes were very small and as i was turning out to go into the other lane to turn my car grazed the side of another car and left a pretty big scratch..no one was hurt no one was injured , the road was full of construction and traffic, i decided to pull into a 7-11..but as i was turning in, the cop said i was leaving the scene, that i drove over a mile (of which i was not aware) and that I couldve pulled into a school, a church etc..But there was construction going on and I didn't want to get into any other altercations...I drove because I wanted to get into an area that was fairly safe and there weren't any cars..I was feeling very disoriented and a bit dizzy..I had nothing to hide, My insurance is up to date (Geico) I have full coverage, This has never happened before, there is nothing wrong with my license, they charged me with acc inv damage vehicle >=$200 and took me to jail..i paid bail in full and got out..i have yet to receive a court date..what can i most likely expect? Perhaps 4 years ago I got into a slight fender bender with another vehicle..damage was not done, but I let the woman follow me to my house and get my insurance information..the police came and everything..so I was not trying to leave the scene.

You might want to talk to an attorney.

It does not matter so much that the police officer arrested you for the offense. What matters is if the District Attorney feels there is sufficient evidence to get a jury to convict you of a crime.
As you describe it the case is probably weak, but having gone a mile without doing does have its implications. You certainly should have stopped sooner. They will have to prove that it was your intent to avoid responsibility.

The road where I was driving on had a bunch of construction going on and the lanes were very small and as i was turning out to go into the other lane to turn my car grazed the side of another car and left a pretty big scratch..no one was hurt no one was injured , the road was full of construction and traffic, i decided to pull into a 7-11..but as i was turning in, the cop said i was leaving the scene, that i drove over a mile (of which i was not aware) and that I couldve pulled into a school, a church etc..But there was construction going on and I didn't want to get into any other altercations...I drove because I wanted to get into an area that was fairly safe and there weren't any cars..I was feeling very disoriented and a bit dizzy..I had nothing to hide, My insurance is up to date (Geico) I have full coverage, This has never happened before, there is nothing wrong with my license, they charged me with acc inv damage vehicle >=$200 and took me to jail..i paid bail in full and got out..i have yet to receive a court date..what can i most likely expect? Perhaps 4 years ago I got into a slight fender bender with another vehicle..damage was not done, but I let the woman follow me to my house and get my insurance information..the police came and everything..so I was not trying to leave the scene.

I suggest you simply SHUT UP about why you allegedly did what you did.

That isn't relevant, unless you FOOLISHLY keep yapping.

You show up when and where directed.

You should consult with a couple lawyers in your county and hire one.

This kind of thing could make your insurance rates skyrocket, or make insurance very hard to obtain.

It might be seen that you're engaging in a pattern here, or you were trying to hide something.

Prosecutors are often times MORE suspicious than police officers.

Anything is possible, and the impossible can and does happen.

That said, plead not guilty, hire a lawyer (or ask the court to appoint one if you can't afford one), stay out of trouble during the pendency of this matter, SHUT UP about all of this, speak ONLY to your lawyer, wait, and for YOUR sake, ALWAYS IMMEDIATELY STOP at (or near, not a mile away) from the scene of any accident!

You do these things, and perhaps magic can happen for you???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back