I Need Help and Have No Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg

On 3-24-11 my ex passed away, in 10-2011 I was arrested for non payment of Child Support, I was supposed to pay a $200 purge but lost my job and couldn't pay. Now there is another Warrant for arrest. My question's are:
1) Since finding out after 14 years the where-abouts my children were, and having Shared Custody and having Visitations, What can I do about Child Support?
2) Being that my Ex-Wife passed away on 03-24-11 and I was put in jail on a Warrant Pick-Up on 10-11 and re-issued a Warrant for Arrest, Wouldn't the first Warrant be Null and Void?
3) And wouldn't the Second Warrant be Null and Void and Injust for Wrongful Imprisonment?

I have found Motion's for what I need to do, but I am Lost!!! :confused:

You are suggesting the warrant becomes void because the recipient of the child support died?
Hardly.
The death does not absolve you of your past due payments to support your children.
The warrant must either be served by arrest or citation or the judge must recall it.
Otherwise it may remain active and valid for years.
What to do? Get back in to court to address the outstanding issues.

These are your children and you need to support them regardless of the passing away of your ex wife. It is your obligation. Courts are only doing their job. Find a way to meet your obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back