I Need Help And Advice!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishpony

My jurisdiction is: Oregon, USA

:( I am really needing some help. I got sent a letter yesterday from a credit agency getting ready to file a lawsuit against me for numerous medical bills that I haven't been able to pay. I have numerous health conditions (diabetes, high blood pressure, neuropathy, migraines, chronic pain) which have caused these medical bills. I have been trying to pay as much as able on bills that I can with what I am able to work at this point. I can't even afford the $150/month in medications I need to live and that's with insurance (and I work for the insurance company)> I called them and offered to pay them $20/month but they said that was unacceptable where one other collection agency accepted it and one of the hospitals has accepted $10/month payments so I can live and pay some living expenses. I want to know what I can do so I don't get a garnishment out of my check I can't afford. And please don't be rude to me about it as someone was on another forum. I am needing advice and am embarrassed about this as it is because I can't get my health issues under control and am constantly at doctors. Thank you.

If it is that bad you need to talk to a bankruptcy attorney ASAP. Those collectors will not stop until they are paid. If they are not accepting the amounts you can pay they will eventually garnish your wages.

But here in lies the problem: a bankruptcy lawyer costs money which I do not have. Is there any free services in Jackson County, OR available to me to where I can file bankruptcy for medical reasons??
I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

not that I know of-- you may want to check around some attoneys will let you do payments tillt he fees are pIF then they will file the bk for you. or you can file a Cptr 13 and the fees will go into the bankruptcy plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back