I missed a court date scheduled in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

randychico

Hello, like the title says it, I was supposed to show up in court 9 months ago, being totally honest I forgot about it and today I found my ticket, so now Im worried, this is the first time I've been pulled over, it was because of a missing headlight and unfortunately I had an expired insurance card and not the actuall one, I didnt get fined, I was just supposed to fix the problem and show up, 9 months later and here I am. What are my options??

Im from the San Diego County in California, I've never been arrested or anything, I honestly dont know what to do? Help

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Call the clerk of court and find out before you spend a night in jail and have your car impounded.

If you don't pay your fine that is what will usually happen to you. Here the OP's license has probably been suspended and if he is stopped the officer can take him to jail and impound the car.

What is likely to happen here is that the OP's license may be suspended and the fine might have gone to collections ... hard to say. It's also possible a warrant has issued for his or her arrest, but that's not too common for equipment violations.

Contact the clerk of the court and find out what you need to do to take care of the matter.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back