I missed a court date. not my fault.Next?

Max Ohhh

Jurisdiction
New Mexico
Good day. I missed a telephonic court hearing because I was unable to connect at the time of the hearing. The technology failed and call did not go through. In my absence, a ruling has been made causing my child damage and slapping me with the other partie's attorney's bill. What is the right procedure to vacate this judgment and to have a new hearing set up?
Thanks alot

PS: I am pro se and will not hire a lawyer.

You won't get any different answers than you did on the other forum that you posted this to. You NEED an attorney.

Usually a pro se litigant gets steamrolled by the other litigant's attorney.

It seems like this forum is more for finding fault in the poster than to provide useful answers. Zigner, it would be respectful to ask a poster for permission before you collect and post information here about the poster's other activities. Thanks

It seems like this forum is more for finding fault in the poster than to provide useful answers. Zigner, it would be respectful to ask a poster for permission before you collect and post information here about the poster's other activities. Thanks
Huh? Posting links to your prior posts doesn't require your permission.

it would be respectful to ask a poster for permission before you collect and post information here about the poster's other activities.

Huh? You posted on PUBLIC message board #1 and got a bunch of responses. You then posted the same thing on PUBLIC message board #2. A person who posts on both PUBLIC message boards noticed the similarities between your two posts and provided a link on PUBLIC board #2 to the other PUBLIC post so that those who post on message board #2 might have the benefit of the already-existing discussion. This is a COURTESY that those of us who have been doing this sort of thing a long time extend to each other. More importantly, when you post on a PUBLIC message board, you give up all control over the information you post.

Perhaps that is because there is so much fault to be found.

Do you think the judge will be more generous? No. That is why you are here and elsewhere ranting, because a judge wasn't as generous and forgiving as you'd like.

We CANNOT provide answers that will satisfy you because you cannot accept your INCOMPETENCE.

I don't know why your telephonic appearance was unsuccessful, but I'm beginning to suspect the date of that hearing was more than a couple of weeks ago. If that was the case, then you're stuck; you've waited too long.

Back