I just registered health-blogspot(dot)com can I get in trouble by Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy55

Google owns blogspot.com with redirects to blogger.com. The trademark for "blogspot" is now dead according to the US Patent Office. Can they come after me for using health-blogspot(dot)com for my blog domain or if it's not trademarked am I safe?

Google owns blogspot.com with redirects to blogger.com. The trademark for "blogspot" is now dead according to the US Patent Office. Can they come after me for using health-blogspot(dot)com for my blog domain or if it's not trademarked am I safe?

If the trademark is dead, it's dead. It's also debatable whether you'd have a problem since blog spot could be a descriptive term. I'd have to look into it more but it would seem that if there isn't a trademark, you can surely occupy the space. If I received a lawyer's letter demanding a cease and desist, I'd sure know what to answer, correct?

I deeply appreciate your response. You truly are a good Samaritan. I know some people use the TM symbol after their word to protect it even if it isn't registered with USTPO.gov so not sure what the laws are governing a brandname like this. Anyhow, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back