I just need to know if my mom has a wrongful termination case

Status
Not open for further replies.
which is what should have happened.
Obviously we are all ignorant of this fact. Please enlighten us as to where you've gotten your information regarding what should have happened.

Whether she altered it or just tried to demand that someone else alter it, it was not only unethical, it was illegal. She illegally accessed the records AND gave another employee/department a hard time over what was in those records that she wasn't entitled to see. Asking someone else to falsify records is just as wrong as doing it yourself. It was not her call to make as to how the care you received was documented. She wasn't the physician or medical provider treating you.

Your opinion as to what should have been done is not binding on the law.

As you have not posted the link to any law that you claim is violated, I think we can call this discussion complete.

I've already answered your questions.

She's entitled to see it because she's my mother and I gave her permission.

She's been there 40 years yet they treated her like she was new. As previously stated she is/was the only competent person there.

The law that was violated was to extreme of a punishment.

If you provided written permission, then she is entitled to see it through channels. She is not entitled to just go into your records, and she is not entitled to demand they be changed.

There is NO law that prohibits termination as being "too extreme". She violated the law. The law is not going to tell her employer that they can't fire her for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back