I haveny paid my texaco gas card in at least 5 years now they say there take my check

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfoot151

I have not sent texaco a payment in4or5 years I owe them $1,200.00 now they have this really nasty co that says they are ready to garnish my wages!! how long do they have that right?? and what can I do ,, they have allready called the human resources dept at work ! the man on the phone said you know they wont take too many calls from me sir and you will be getting fired,,, so it would probably be in your best intrest to take care of this matter right away unless you want me a calling more and what are they going to think when the police comes to serve you papers because of this? the co name is [deleted] out of CA please help if you can I will lose everything if they really do that!!&^$&##@$@:eek: THANK YOU for any help you can give me

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing you could do is pay your bills.

Stand by for other options.

what an incredibly intelligent answer!
The guy, I think is asking for a ledal opinion and you
give the Dear Abby answer!!

Actually, I think the guy was asking for a LEGAL opinion, which is what he got from Seniorjudge. In fact, if you browse his posts, SJ always gives LEGAL opinions. He must save his ledal opinions for the bench.

What kind of advice did you expect him to get? The legal advice does seem like a Dear Abby answer because it's just common sense. Do you think the law will allow the man to avoid paying his bills? For 5 years?

I totally agree. The legal answer is to pay your bills. The OP owes this money and Texaco may take whatever legal means they choose to collect on the debt. This can include liens and/or garnishments. I suggest OP contact Texaco and make some kind of payment arrangement keep it and avoid court which will only take him further in debt

I have not sent texaco a payment in4or5 years I owe them $1,200.00 now they have this really nasty co that says they are ready to garnish my wages!!
This amazes me. You took gas from someone, didn't pay for it, and you think that they have the nerve to garnish your wages? I'm trying to understand why you say this. What if you had a friend who borrowed $1,200 with the promise to pay it back in 30 days... and he stiffed you for 5 years. Would you still consider that person a friend? Would you feel entitled to getting your money back... years later?

what an incredibly intelligent answer!
The guy, I think is asking for a ledal opinion and you
give the Dear Abby answer!!

Actually, he was given a legal opinion. If you take money and then just decide not to pay it back you have to deal with the consequences. The law was created to do exactly what you and the poster don't like - to allow people/entities who were "stiffed" for monies lent and remaining unpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back