i have to pass co-op board approval AFTER i signed my lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadmspb

I signed the lease 2 months ago, paid one month rent to broker, security deposit and one month rent to the landlord. the landlord did not notify me that i need to get board's approval. Two months after I get application that I need to fill out - credit check, so the board can approve me. This is my primary residence and I lived here and paid rent WITHOUT any notice that I will need to be approved at any time. The lease does not mention that I might be subjected to any approval at any time. What should I do? I am willing to provide all information to the board but what happens if I do not get approved?

I signed the lease 2 months ago, paid one month rent to broker, security deposit and one month rent to the landlord. the landlord did not notify me that i need to get board's approval. Two months after I get application that I need to fill out - credit check, so the board can approve me. This is my primary residence and I lived here and paid rent WITHOUT any notice that I will need to be approved at any time. The lease does not mention that I might be subjected to any approval at any time. What should I do? I am willing to provide all information to the board but what happens if I do not get approved?

If you fail to get approved, you won't be allowed to rent the unit.

Yeah, your money.

That's when you ask for its return, that rarely happens, so you might have to sue.

Your warning should have been the BOARD APPROVAL part!!

Just saying...

Co-op apts. generally always require board approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back