1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

I have a very complicate issue with foreclosure of house in Baltimore

Discussion in 'Foreclosure, Repossession, Auctions, Short Sales' started by Leslie21211, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leslie21211

Leslie21211 Law Topic Starter New Member

I owned a rental property in Baltimore, MD. I declared bancruptcy in 2010. My rental property went into
    Foreclosure in 2010. I was never notified but apparently Baltimore City dismissed the foreclosure. ther were
    Some tax leins on the house and the house was sold in a tax sale. Again I was not notified and Baltimore
    City dismissed the tax sale. I just recently found out that the house is being condemned and the city wants me to
    Get the house out of that state. They may do it themselves and charge me$30000. Apparently my husband and I
    Still own the house. I always picked up certified letters, my husband never did. We are both on the
    Loan. Now he is telling me that because He never signed for certified letters that he is not responsible. Is
    This right? I don't see how it's all my responsibility because he never picked up his certified mail.
    Leslie

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

All owners in joint tenancy are EQUALLY liable.
    I suggest you each consult with an attorney in your county or state.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD