I got sued twice for the same thing by Hoa... is this legal and if not, how do I counter sue

I have been sued twice for the same thing by my Hoa. Is this legal and if not, how do I counter sue

You can get sued a million times, if you continue to engage in behavior that others find illegal.

It doesn't matter why you were sued, if this is a legitimate lawsuit, you defend yourself.

It is often helpful to consult an attorney licensed to practice law in your state, eventually retaining one to represent your interests.

You can get sued a million times, if you continue to engage in behavior that others find illegal.

It doesn't matter why you were sued, if this is a legitimate lawsuit, you defend yourself.

It is often helpful to consult an attorney licensed to practice law in your state, eventually retaining one to represent your interests.
I haven't continued the behavior, I got sued twice for the same thing... is that legal?

I haven't continued the behavior, I got sued twice for the same thing... is that legal?

I never said you continued the behavior.
Evidently those suing believe the behavior is improper.
My opinion means nothing.

Yes, you can be sued as many times as the other person wants to annoy you.

You can be sued because the other party deeply believes you deserve to be sued.

The motives of the other party are unimportant.

There is no limit on how many times you can be sued.

A civil case has nothing to do with the constitutional protection about double jeopardy, and that really doesn't mean what most people THINK it means.

Again, I suggest you concentrate on the lawsuit that someone has filed against you.

You can defend it yourself, or hire a lawyer to represent you.

I never said you continued the behavior.
Evidently those suing believe the behavior is improper.
My opinion means nothing.

Yes, you can be sued as many times as the other person wants to annoy you.

You can be sued because the other party deeply believes you deserve to be sued.

The motives of the other party are unimportant.

There is no limit on how many times you can be sued.

A civil case has nothing to do with the constitutional protection about double jeopardy, and that really doesn't mean what most people THINK it means.

Again, I suggest you concentrate on the lawsuit that someone has filed against you.

You can defend it yourself, or hire a lawyer to represent you.

What would I have to do to defend myself? What court would I contact?

Your going to have to give us some details about each lawsuit for us to make any sense of your inquiry.

When were you sued the first time? What did that lawsuit say you did wrong? How did that lawsuit end? Did you lose? Did you have to pay? Something else?

When were you sued the second time? What did the second lawsuit say you did wrong?

Back