I got hit by a car 3 years ago.why so long to settle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven olsen

Jurisdiction
California
I e-signed for my settlement on feb 1, 2021. My lawyer said it would take 60 days max. June 1, 2021 and still no settlement. I think i should file a complaint with the bar association? Bad yelp? 7 on my Side?

I e-signed for my settlement on feb 1, 2021. My lawyer said it would take 60 days max. June 1, 2021 and still no settlement. I think i should file a complaint with the bar association? Bad yelp? 7 on my Side?
Have you called/visited the attorney to see what the delay is about?

I e-signed for my settlement on feb 1, 2021. My lawyer said it would take 60 days max. June 1, 2021 and still no settlement.

FYI, it's June 3. When you hadn't received your settlement by April 2, you called your lawyer and asked for an explanation why. Right? And you've spoken with him/her on a weekly basis since. Right? What is his/her explanation why it's now taken over 120 days when he/she told you "it would take 60 days max"?

I think i should file a complaint with the bar association?

In California, a bar associations is a voluntary membership organization, and no bar association has any disciplinary power over any lawyer. If you want to make a complaint against your lawyer, you do it with the State Bar of California. However, telling us that you think you should do this without telling us why you think it would be appropriate to do so is rather meaningless.

Bad yelp?

Since your post does not foreclose the possibility that the delay is completely out of your lawyer's control and that your lawyer has done absolutely nothing wrong, it would be irresponsible for anyone to answer this in the affirmative.

7 on my Side?

Huh?

FYI, it's June 3. When you hadn't received your settlement by April 2, you called your lawyer and asked for an explanation why. Right? And you've spoken with him/her on a weekly basis since. Right? What is his/her explanation why it's now taken over 120 days when he/she told you "it would take 60 days max"?

In California, a bar associations is a voluntary membership organization, and no bar association has any disciplinary power over any lawyer. If you want to make a complaint against your lawyer, you do it with the State Bar of California. However, telling us that you think you should do this without telling us why you think it would be appropriate to do so is rather meaningless.

Since your post does not foreclose the possibility that the delay is completely out of your lawyer's control and that your lawyer has done absolutely nothing wrong, it would be irresponsible for anyone to answer this in the affirmative.

Huh?
I'm gonna guess that OP is referring to a consumer help News segment.

Going to the media or online review sites is premature here. You first need to talk to your lawyer about this and why you don't have the money yet. It may well be that the reason for it is something beyond your lawyer's control. In any event, you want the money, follow up on a regular basis with your lawyer until you get it.

Hey, I suggest that, in addition to not spamming this site, you explain not only why a lawyer in New Jersey would be of any benefit to the OP, who is in California, but also why it would be a good idea for ANYONE to retain an attorney who advertises by internet message board posts composed by someone with a grasp of the English language that is worse than the average fifth grader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back