I gave my Social Security # to a COP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkoriginal

Today I was pulled over by a MD state Trooper. I was speeding and I had an open container. No DUI, I had just bought it from the liqour store, I eventually drove home. But as I was signing my citations traffic and criminal the Trooper asked me to write my social on the BACK(pink w/ no printing) of my criminal citation. I asked what it was for and he said "for his reports". It really only made me weary after I started to come down from the scare that he had put me threw to get me to admit that I had an open beer. I searched and found the privacy act of 1974, is this trooper guilty of a misdemeanor?

{Any officer or employee of any agency who willfully maintains a system of records without meeting the notice requirements of subsection (e)(4) of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and fined not more than $5,000.}

I really could care less if someone stole my identity. I am horribly in debt so good luck. Its just the principles of the thing, as well as his overtly threatening attitude [like I said probably warranted since i did lie]. I still feel those handcuffs(thinking your going to jail often evokes truth).

Thought this would be as good a place as any to stir up the discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back