I feel like i'm being pushed around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justblacksher

Hi my name is Justin. My issue is last year My wife and I was given a renters guide (not realizing it was out of date) by a local group that help people in understanding their rights as a renter. We were having problems getting things fixed and we read in that book that we could stop paying rent till it got done. Well basically we got sued because their defense lawyer during our mediation to settle the case, told us was no longer legal. So I think our final dollar amount we owed ended up being in the 2,500 range. Later on after it was all said and done, we ran into some financial trouble dealing with Dr. bills for my wife's kidneys and pregnancy and rent. We made the mistake of missing payments. So it jumped up a sum not sure anymore what it was around $3500. We basically said okay we messed up. They acted like everything was okay. We have been making our payments. except for I think one. Then just last month to make up for it we payed triple the amount. Nobody ever said anything. We've been trying to make payments every two weeks to take care of it and all of a sudden when making the payment today they told my wife that after the first of the year they are going to start " garnishing my checks. They sent the request to the judge and to us back in april." We never received anything they have our correct address and sent it to our old one. Now they are charging us $75 plus interest bringing it back up to $4500 They basically told us oh well. I feel like i am being tossed around here because i am young. If i'm wrong please tell me.

Thank you
Justin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back