I don't understand if it's already written

Status
Not open for further replies.

moe007

I don't understand if it's already written in the will. In other words my mom already said that she wanted everything divided equaly and the Exc. is already making it so she gets most of my moms things? How can this be right? The only way I can make it right is to pay another lawyer to fight her? If the will was already written then why am I paying again? Why even write a will if they are not going to be carriered out in the first place? Why does the lawyer not question things?Is it not his job to do so? The whole thing seems so very unfair to me. Moe007

You need to go to the probate court and get a copy of the file. The clerk can explain what has been done to date but cannot give you any legal advice. What your Mom told you and what is actually in the will may be two different things. With that said, it is not unusual for the PR to abuse their position and there is little you can do about it without great expense.

I would agree with you but I have a copy of the will and it says that it's all to be divided eqaully between the 4 kids. Not that 2 get everything and the two that are not in the same province get nothing? This I don't undersrtand is it not up to the lawyer to make sure that the siblings don't take advantage? Why even write a will if this is how it is done? Moe007

Follow my advice before you post again.

What is your advise if I already know what they did? They told the lawyer that my mothers things were worth nothing and took all her things home to thier houses. Now that all is said and done when I call the lawyer HE SAYS that her stufff was worth nothing unless there are antiques. Well I don't know about you but how would you like everything in your life to be worth nothing? Unless of course you have 2 of 4 kids that want it all. Why do you seem mad about me asking why this seems so unfair? I have been ripped off by Lawyers before and to think it won't happen again is why I don't want to go to lawyers for help. They have their hands in your pocket fasters then you can spend it. Lets not forget the popular term they like to use. Fee's that end up costing you more then you could ever imagine. I had a lawyer once tell me that the fee's were things like photocoying paperwork. Well that photocoying cost me over $130,000.00. I guess I knew the answer about what the lawyers were going to do before I asked. Like you said they are going to charge me a fortune to do somthing they should have done in the first place. I wonder how they sleep at night? Moe007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back