I am not sure what I will call it, but it is serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

cari2000

I was working for this big company as a youth apprentice. I really do not understand what happen while I was working for them. Once I graduated from high school I moved with the CEO's secretary. Before that her and I had an outside relationship as good-friends so, I use to stay weekends over night at her house and go out shopping with her. We found nothing wrong with that but people on the job did! When I graduated and move to college I change my address to hers and I use to come home on school breaks and live with her. Well the story boils down to when I moved in her boss said; "you know that is a mistake and that she is doing nothing but using you." Then I came home couple times and she would come and get me and he said; "if you keep this up you will not have a job, who is more important her or your job." She decided that from then I should catch the train home unless I am ill. I could not understand why he was so against me. Then it came down to where I was getting sick at school and moved back home. :( I move back with the "secretary" and went back to work as a student at this job. Once I moved back it gotten wrost. The things that her boss started to say made me just feel so emotional and I am not the emotional type of person. His comments were like; "she is from the ghetto you know that she is using you, and she needs to move back home immediately." While the "secretary" was coming home always crying to me telling me how her jobs was threaten because I live with her and the things her boss was saying, I do not think she knew that I was getting hurt by that. Then the 'secretary' assistant got involve with it. I had moved out for awhile and when I moved out I found out that the company had a rummor going around that we were praticing inappropraite behavior at work, but it was not about that they just wanted her to stay away from me. I was question by the human resources' vice president about our relationship the outside relationship and the work relationship we had. I could not understand why they would put someone through so much :confused: Then the "assistant!" My grnadmother called for the "secretary" to see if they had seen me and the assistant was like "no her and cari are at home." I had moved out and decided to take the day off because I emotionally stress and could not stop crying. That day I called the "assistant" and said; "why are you telling people that I am at home with the "secretary" I moved out, so what are you talking about?" The assistant responded back in a rude way saying that is not want I heard; I heard that you was not sleeping in the bed together "bitch". I hung-up the phone with her called the HR department and spoken to someone then they said they were going to talk to her because this had to stop. I went to school and after I left school I want and picked-up my mother who is known for fighting someone. I told my mother just to scare the assistant because I got tired of the people in the executive department harrasing me. before my mom went the secretary called me on my cell and told me that her boss the "CEO" was contacted about the 'assistant and my conversation. He asked her what in the hell is wrong with me. While I did not do nothing yet. I had my mother come there and scare the assistant so she can back off then the assistant called the police say she wanted "me" arrested which did not happen. A few days had went past and human resources was saying that they were trying to contact me, but they couldn't even though I gave them my cell phone number "which they did not try". They fired me because they said that I did not call in within three days. Which I already knew the were going o fired me because I brought my mother there, but I could not take it any more. Then the secretary and I went out to eat for breakfast one morning after all this had happen and she asked to ask me if I wanted to move back in. While we were ordering our food her boss came up to her and at the place and shooked his head. When she went back to work her told her he better not see her with me again or even hear that we were together because she will get fired. He also told her to put me out. She put my things outside the house in the garage because of what he said. He told her that I was ignorant and known as a user. which no one knew me because I barely talked to any on the job. I am so confuse on what to do with this situation since I am stable now and can talk more about it.

I'm assuming that you are getting harrassed on the job because of your living situation. I can see where the CEO of your company might be concerned in that he/she does not want to have his/her secretary carousing with a high school student that they have on internship. It may not reflect well for the company, especially when the student moves in with the employee. How did these people find out about your relationship, whatever that relationship may be? When this relationship began, were you aged 18 or older?

What is not quite clear to me is how all of your actions became public. I'm also not quite sure the extent of the harrassment and what is going on. You are still on the job and so is the secretary. Whether or not you live with her, you cannot change the fact that there will be people who think you still do. Is the above issue being raised by employees/CEO on a regular basis simply to harrass you?

serious situation

Well, I am not living with the secretary any more because of everything that happen. I wanted to keep it a closed relationship (just friends), but she insisted to tell her co-workers other executive secretaries that I had moved in and she also told her boss the CEO. He told her that it was not smart to do that, but I had graduated from high school and moved off to college when I moved in with her. I only came home for the breaks and holidays. She thought that it would be nice if I can leave the ghetto and come stay in a nice rural area and plus I was 19 years old when I moved in.
I really do not know when it became an issue. All I know is that I went to her job one day after I had left the company and she was crying so I huged her and everyone took it and turned it into a big issue. I was the one at blame and had gotten in trouble.
She is still working there. However I am not working there any more I work for County as a Public Safety Officer and this has been almost a year ago and I am still being harrassed by this company :(

What does "harrassed by this company" mean? Individuals harrass and if it is not on the premises of the company or furthering their interests, either actual or by implication, then it is an individual, personal act.

I am being harrassed by this company. I am constantly being accused of calling and playing on the phone, which I have no time to, but they insisted to still call the police on me. It is happening within the company by individuals that you would not believe to do things like they do. I figure that executives are to be mature and get the job done. That is not true in this situation, they want to play so many childish games that is destroying me and it keeps me from moving on with my education. I am becoming tired of the CEO and his assistant games

Last edited:
If they called the police and complained about you, it is possible to sue them for harrassment. You would do best making formal complaints to the HR department (written) and keep accurate records. If the harrassment continues you can always contact a lawyer who might take your case on contingency and sue the company. Be smart though... make sure there is a paper trail for good evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back